Decorative Paints Asia
We continued to drive balanced profitable revenue growth in North Asia, where we achieved strong double-digit growth in the premium market segment, in addition to our overall product growth. This was mainly driven by robust innovation in sustainable products and services and geographic expansion, which added the availability of Dulux to another 11,200 stores in 96 cities. Double-digit growth was also achieved in South East and South Asia – helping to offset the ongoing COVID-19 challenges – mainly driven by: programs to onboard new stores and painters (more than 5,000 stores were added); the use of digital services to enhance customer experience; and the launch of innovative products with sustainable benefits for our consumers.
Despite significant headwinds, we delivered double-digit growth through an engaged team, reliable supply and the launch of new products and services.Oscar WezenbeekDirector of Decorative Paints South East and South Asia
We successfully launched the regional China Paint the Future event (pictured above). A total of 210 submissions were received, with 17 entrants taking part in the two-day accelerator event. Four winners were invited to collaborate with the company on sustainable business opportunities: Mech-Mind, an AI+3D vision robotic solutions provider; Corpt, a recyclable packaging solutions provider; Ginet, an inorganic non-metal powder solutions provider; and Archifiction, a digital 3D spatial platform creator for immersive virtual reality.
I’m proud of our resilience in driving profitable growth, while building our capability and capacity to support our strategy, despite the major raw material impact.Mark KwokDirector of Decorative Paints North Asia
Other key developments
- Dulux launched its first-ever asthma and allergy-friendly paint, with dual certification from the International Allergy Standard Ltd. and the Chinese paint industry expertise group
- Installed a total of around 8,000 solar panels at our Shanghai and Guangzhou sites in China
- Won the Chinese paint industry’s first-ever Green Product and Green Building Material certification
- Our Dulux Professional range was used at the new Universal Studios theme park in Beijing
- Supplied products for Hong Kong International Airport’s Sky City project
- Continued to support customers, painters, employees and their families in the South East and South Asia region during the COVID-19 crisis. This included distributing digital tablets to over 300 under-privileged children and offering access to specialist doctors through tele-medicine in India
- Launched the Dulux Promise guarantee program in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan and Vietnam
- Introduced India’s first United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) certified bio-based paint. Dulux Better Living Air Clean Biobased contains 26% bio-based content
- Sadolin premium woodcare products were launched in India and Vietnam
Includes, among others, China, Japan and South Korea.