Automotive and Specialty Coatings
- Maintained strong positions in aerospace and vehicle refinishes (EMEA) thanks to new product and service introductions
- Challenging year in automotive OEM segments due to headwinds, in line with overall market dynamics
- Acquired French coatings manufacturer Mapaero, strengthening our position in the aerospace coatings market, particularly the cabin and structural sub-segments
- Coatings were supplied for several unique liveries and whole fleet rebrands, including United Airlines, American Airlines, SAS, Alaska Airlines and JAL
- Airbus recognized our commitment to sustainability with a prestigious supplier award. We also launched a new chromate-free exterior primer – Aerodur HS 2121 – which was qualified by Airbus, and received Boeing qualification for our Aerodur 2111 chromate-free exterior primer
- Our color trends insight and expertise was shared with automotive interior and consumer electronics customers in our new Color Surfaces Edition 15 report
- The 11th anniversary of our partnership with McLaren was marked with the livery on their latest F1 car being voted best-looking for the second year running
- Our vehicle refinishes brand and product assortment in China was aligned with new VOC regulations
- We announced partnerships with Advance Auto Parts and Carquest – one of the largest aftermarket parts providers in the world
- Our partnership with automotive artist and TV star Dave Kindig continued through our Modern Classikk vehicle refinishes range
- We celebrated the 85th birthday of our global Wanda vehicle refinishes brand
Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Volatile organic compounds.